KAMERS/Makers Joburg goes online with over 160 Makers, amazing specials and fantastic daily giveaways at www.kamers.co.za!
These are tough times for small artisan businesses – particularly without access to the amazing live sales platform that KAMERS/Makers has always offered them. We have no doubt that our country will emerge from the dark cloud of Covid-19, and that we will rebuild a stronger, leaner and more capable South Africa.
Right now, however, our priority as a business is to fight for the survival of the many hundreds of artisan SMEs who rely on our live shows, which have had to be postponed into the 2nd half of 2020. And that means taking our events online.
The lockdown hit us just days before our Cape Town show and we scrambled to create an online experience for our many loyal shoppers – the support was very encouraging, but there were teething problems with the speed of the online website, the ease of searching for Makers and/or products, and the check-out process.
Our JOZI Online Event begins this Thursday, 23rd April and will run 24/7 till Monday 27th April. Whilst the online shopping experience is always open to anyone who wishes to shop, we’ve added many features over the next days in order to create a sense of occasion – hopefully the next best thing to being able to attend a live KAMERS/Makers show!
Look out for:
- Daily Maker specials on a wide range of products
- Mystery prize giveaways through every day of the event – including an amazing Consol Glass hamper valued at R1000 every day!
- Free double tickets to our next 2020 show of your choice when spending more than R500 at any one of our Makers.
- Grand Prize: One lucky shopper will win the prize of a lifetime – free entry to all KAMERS/Makers shows for the rest of your life!
- Meet The Maker video features so shoppers can get to know the stories behind some of the products they love.
- Our special Words of Hope initiative – whereby our Makers have created unique, once-off words in the medium of their choice as encouragement to the world in this time.
- We are also donating 10% of our profits from this Online Show to our country’s most deserving Makers through our Mzansi Makers NPO initiative – it is vital that we all do whatever we can to keep our small entrepreneurs afloat so that they can restart their production once we overcome this period of extreme challenge.
Our Makers are some of the hardest-working people in SA. People with an extraordinary gift of transforming leather or linen, wood or glass or clay, and so much else, into products that enrich all our lives… and put food on so many, many peoples’ tables!
So PLEASE visit www.kamers.co.za during our Online Show and shop, shop, shop!