After successfully introducing a cashless system at KAMERS 2015 Irene, KAMERS/Makers shows are now a completely cashless environment, for our traders and our customers’ safety and convenience. This means cash is no longer allowed as a method of payment at our shows.
Our main sponsor, Absa, will team up with Plankton.mobi a proudly South African, world-leading developer of cashless systems (recently shortlisted by Barclays Global as a preferred provider, following the most rigorous due-diligence process) to implement the Cashless Environment.
• We provide our exhibitors with exclusive agnostic KAMERS/Makers point of sale facilities.
• KAMERS/Makers shoppers can still use their own debit and credit cards for purchases.
• Shoppers will also be provided with exclusive KAMERS/Makers shopping cards. This will be a special KAMERS/Makers Betty branded card at R10,00 per card.
• For shoppers’ ease, cash can be loaded onto these cards by the Plankton staff and then used as payment. A quick and hassle-free tap and go system!
• This system has successfully been used at the US Woordfees, KKNK, Oppikoppi Festival, Mumford and Sons 2016 SA concerts and KAMERS/Makers events since Irene 2015.